Effective 1 January 2010, the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry added several products and markets to its export incentives schemes under the Foreign Trade Policy 2009-14.
- 4 products added to the Vishesh Krishi and Gram Udyog Yojana, that incentivises agricultural exports
- 1 Focus Market, Timor Leste, added to the Focus Market Scheme, which incentivises exports to specific markets
- 112 products added to the Focus Product Scheme, which incentivises exports of specific products to all markets
- 113 products added as Special Focus Products, which has additional incentives over Focus products
- China and Japan were added in the countries list for Market Linked Focus Product Scheme, which incentivises exports of certain to goods to specific markets. All products under MLFPS exported to China and Japan are eligible for the incentives
- 1837 products added under MLFPS making them eligible for incentives to all specified countries.
- Support to be provided under Market Access Initiative scheme by Export Promotion Council of Handicrafts for setting up of Warehouse in Latin America
The measure was removed in April 2015 with the implementation of the new Indian Foreign Trade Policy of 2015 (see related measure).