On 25 June 2015, the European Union announced Council regulation 2015/981 on tariff quotas for agricultural and industrial products. Tariff quotas for the following seven products were added:
- 50 tonnes of Calcium acetylacetonate (HS code 29141990)
- 125 tonnes of 2.5Dimethylphenylacetyl chloride (29163990)
- 3'000 tonnes o Tris (2.4di-tert-butylphenyl)phosphite (29209085)
- 250 tonnes of 3-Iodoprop-2-ynyl N-butylcarbamate (29241900)
- 3'250 tonnes of Nitroguanidine (29299000)
- 1'250 kg of Colourante C.I. Disperse Yellow 52 and preparations based thereon (32041100)
- 200 tonnes of Polymer blend of polycarbonate and poly(methyl methacrylate) with a polycarbonate content of 98.5GHT or more, in the form of pellets or granules (39074000).
For the following products, the tariff quotas were increased:
- from 8'000 to 8'250 tonnes of Potassium (E,E)-hexa-2.4dienoate (29161995)
- from 1'300 to 1'700 tonnes of Cellular block of regenerated cellulose, impregnated with water containing magnesium chloride (39211400)
- from 1'000 to 2'000 tonnes of aluminium alloy rods with a diameter of 200-300 mm (76042910)
- from 500 to 1'000 tonnes of aluminium alloy rods with a diameter of 300-533.4mm (76042910)
- from 800'000 to 1 million pieces of aluminium telescopic handels for use in the manufacture of luggage (83024900)
- extended definition of electric AC commutator motors (85014020 and 85014080) available for a quota of 2 million pieces.
Two products with the HS code 32041700 were scrapped from the list of tariff quotas, as the import duties were completely erased for these products.
The regulation came into force on 1 July 2015.