ANNOUNCEMENT 23 May 2013In May 2013, the government of Vietnam announced a change in import duties.
NUMBER OF INTERVENTIONS
Circular No. 58/2013
News source (23 May 2013)
Official release :
On 23 May 2013, the Vietnamese Ministry of Finance issued Circular No. 70/2013/TT-BTC, where by it decreased the import tariff on certail petroleum and oil products under the group 2710. The rate for such commodities has been decreased from 19% to 18%.
On 8 May 2013, the Minister of Finance issued Circular No. 58/2013/TT-BTC increasing import duties on the following products:
- petrol (from 16 to 19 per cent),
- diesel (from 12 to 14 per cent),
- natural oil (from 14 to 15 per cent).
Previously, on 26 April 2013, the Vietnamese Minister of Finance issued Circular No. 47/2013/TT-BTC already increasing import duties on some oil, gasoline or related products:
- gasoline, used for different types of engines including RON 90 and higher types (from 14 to 16 per cent),
- teraproylen, white spirit, and spirit with benzene content of less than 1 per cent naptha, reformate and other products used for engine gasoline making (new duty of 16 per cent),
- diesel for car application and other diesels (from 12 to 15 percent)
- fuel oil (from 14 to 16 per cent)