ANNOUNCEMENT 10 Apr 2012In April 2012, the government of Uzbekistan announced changed incentives for foreign investors entering the country.
NUMBER OF INTERVENTIONS
UNCTAD World Investment Report 2012, Chapter III: Recent Policy Developments: http://www.unctad-docs.org/files/UNCTAD-WIR2012-Chapter-III-en.pdf
American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce, 'Uzbekistan presents new incentives to foreign investors', April 11, 2012: http://www.aucconline.com/news.php?news_id=368
Presidential Decree no. UP-4434 On additional measures to stimulate the attraction of direct foreign investments: http://www.gki.uz/en/legislation/privatization-and-denationalization/204/7709---------
UNCTAD Investment Policy Review Uzbekistan, 1999: http://www.fdi.net/documents/WorldBank/databases/unctad/ipr/ipruzbekistan.pdf
On April 10, 2012, President Karimov of Uzbekistan issued a decree to stimulate the attraction of inward FDI. Among others, the following measures are implemented:
- tax holiday for inward FDI;
- prohibition of nationalisation of foreign investments and other assets of foreign investors;
- financing of required infrastructure for large FDI projects (over US$ 50 million and having at least a 50% share of FDI);
- prohibition of additional requirements and limitations to investment activity by other government bodies
- simplified access to visas for employees of FDI-funded enterprises.