On April 1st, 2015, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) announced a list of subsidies for the support of construction businesses.
Certification Training Subsidies:
- Vocational Ability Development Promotion Act: 1/6 of the cost of training grants provided by prefectures to private construction businesses
- Subsidies for construction workers employed by SMEs during training: 5000 yen ($41 USD) a day per construction worker
Technical training Subsidies:
- Subsidies for technical training for construction workers in SMEs: 90% of the cost of technical training at registered institutions, up to 200,000 yen (1,672 USD) per person
- Subsidies for the wages of construction workers at SMEs: 8,000 yen ($66.90 USD) per person for 20 days each
Subsidies for Well-Managed SMEs:
- Increased Turnover Rate: 600,000 yen (5,017.81 USD) per company
- Improved both turnover status and employment status: 1.2 million yen (10,035.63 USD) per company
Subsidies for the Promotion of Young and Female Workers:
- Recruiting Young and Female Workers Subsidy: 2 million yen (16,726 USD) to cover up to 2/3 of the wages
- New Fields Subsidy: Covers the wage expenses of SMEs for its workers while they are training in a new field at a rate of 200,000 yen (1,672.60 USD) per worker and an additional 2 million yen (16,726.04 USD) for each new field entered
- Non-Construction Fields Training for Construction Workers: 3500 yen per person (29.27 USD) for a period of 40 days during the training
- Living Expenses of Workers: 2/3 of the rent of worker dormitories, worker facilities, and rental housing for construction workers covered by SMEs, 300,000 yen (2,509 USD) per person per month for rental housing and 2 million yen (16,726 USD) for dorms, facilities, etc.