ANNOUNCEMENT 28 May 2019

In May 2019, the European Investment Bank (EIB) signed a credit line agreement with Crédit Agricole Italia S.p.A. to support Italian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and mid-cap companies operating in the industry, service, agricultural and tourism sectors.

NUMBER OF INTERVENTIONS

1

  • 1 harmful
  • 0 neutral
  • 0 liberalising

SOURCE

The European Investment Bank, Financed Projects, CARIPARMA LOAN FOR SMES AND MID-CAPS VII: https://www.eib.org/en/projects/loans/all/20190085
The European Investment Bank, Project summary, CARIPARMA LOAN FOR SMES AND MID-CAPS VII: https://www.eib.org/en/projects/pipelines/all/20190085

Inception date: 28 May 2019 | Removal date: open ended
Still in force

State loan

On 28 May 2019, European Investment Bank (EIB) and Crédit Agricole Italia S.p.A. signed a credit line agreement having a total value of EUR 150 million (approx. USD 167.5 million).

The credit line will, through Crédit Agricole Italia S.p.A., support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and mid-cap companies operating in the industry, service, agricultural and tourism sectors. Notably, 70% of the credit line will be dedicated to SMEs whilst the remaining 30% will be allocated to mid-caps.

According to the EIB: "This project will improve competitiveness and access to finance at favourable conditions for SMEs and mid-caps."

A state act in the GTA database is assessed solely in terms of the extent to which its implementation affects foreign commercial interests. On this metric, the investment support granted here is discriminatory.

AFFECTED SECTORS

 
N/A

AFFECTED PRODUCTS

 
N/A