ANNOUNCEMENT 14 May 2009In May 2009, the government of Ukraine announced a change for the labour market access of foreign workers.
NUMBER OF INTERVENTIONS
Government Decree #322 from 8 April 2009. Available from < http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/main.cgi >
Ukraine's government has approved a new decree, 322, which impacts work permit applications and extensions. The new decree came into effect on May 14, 2009.
The main implications of the new regulations for work permit applications are as follows:
· Additional documents are required from the Ukrainian entity, including confirmation that there are no outstanding amounts owed to the Social Security Fund;
· Police clearance certificates (also known as 'crime clearances' or 'subject access records') for both Ukraine and country of origin or last residence are required for all applicants;
· All documents issued outside Ukraine must be legalized for use in Ukraine and then translated into Ukrainian by official translators in Ukraine;
· Government fees for new applications have been increased by approximately fourteen times, to 2500 UAH.
· Penalties for non-compliance with immigration regulations have been increased, to twenty times the
minimum wage, i.e. 12500UAH