On 20 January 2014 the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan signed Law -365 which expanded the rights and guarantees that foreign investors have in the country.
The main changes it introduces are as follows:
- the procedure of state registration of enterprises with foreign investments was simplified by introducing the principle "single window"
- state's obligations related to foreign investment were also simplified. In particular, the ministries, state committees, departments, state authorities, law enforcement and supervisory authorities, as well as banks were prohibited to impose additional requirements and restrictions related to the activities of foreign investors and enterprises with foreign investments.
- the right to foreign investors to enter and remain on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the entire period of ownership of their shares in enterprises with foreign investment on the basis of multiple-entry visas.
- additional guarantees and measures of protection of foreign investors may include:
- Provision of guarantee of the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Assisting in the financing of investment projects;
- Creating of special tax and payment regime;
- State monitoring of project implementation;
- Provision of external engineering and communication networks and other measures in accordance with the law.