IMPLEMENTATION LEVEL

National

AFFECTED FLOW

Outflow (subsidised)

ANNOUNCED AS TEMPORARY

Yes

NON-TRADE-RELATED RATIONALE

No

ELIGIBLE FIRMS

all

JUMBO

No

TARIFF PEAK

No
← back to the state act
Inception date: 19 Nov 2015 | Removal date: 31 Dec 2015
Still in force

Export subsidy

On November 19, 2015, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Colombia passed Resolution 423/2015 establishing a support programme for local sugar exporters. The scheme consisted of an export subsidy of USD 0.13 per Kilogramme distributed as follows:

  • for producers exporting directly the goods, 100% of the subsidy applies;
  • for exporters, 75% of the subsidy was to be paid to the producer and the remaining 25% to the exporting company;
  • for producers that bought sugar from other exporters and that wanted to export it, 75% of the subsidy was to be paid to the producer from which the sugar was bought and the remaining 25% to the second producer who exported the goods.

The maximum amount of sugar subsidised by this programme was 1,003 tonnes, and the scheme was to apply only during the last two months of 2015.

In addition, in the case of exporters and producers buying from other producers to export, the resolution sets that they have to prove that they bought the goods at least at the price established by the Government (USD 052 per Kilogramme of raw cane sugar; USD 0.58 per Kilogramme of organic and ground cane sugar; and USD 0.71 per Kilogramme of ground organic cane sugar) plus a levy of USD 0.1 and the Sugar Cane Development Fee. 

 

AFFECTED COUNTRIES

MAP
TABLE
EXPORT

AFFECTED SECTORS AND PRODUCTS

235 Sugar & molasses
1701 Cane or beet sugar and chemically pure sucrose, in solid form.
170113 Cane sugar specified in Subheading Note 2 to this Chapter
170114 Other cane sugar

Please report this page in case you detect an inaccuracy in its content.