The Basic Customs Duty has been reduced on the import of the following products -
- From 10%/7.5% to 5% on imports of "machinery, including instruments, apparatus and appliances, transmission equipment and auxiliary equipment (including those required for testing and quality control) and components" required for i) initial setting up of fuel cell based system for generation of power or for demonstration purposes or ii) balance of systems operating on biogas or bio-methane or by-product hydrogen.
- On Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) imports from 5% to 2.5%.
- On Clay 2 Powder (Alumax) used in ceramic substrate for catalytic convertors from 10% to 5%.
- On o-Xylene from 2.5% to Nil.
- On Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA), Medium Quality Terephthalic Acid (MTA) and Qualified Terephthalic Acid (QTA) from 10% to 5%.
- On Wattle extracts and Myrobalan fruit extracts from 7.5% to 2.5%.
- On Vinyl Polyethylene Glycol used in the manufacture of Poly Carboxylate Ether from 10% to 7.5%.
- On imports of Catalysts and Resins for the manufacture of cast components of Wind Operated Electricity Generators from 7.5% to 5%.
- On Nylon Monofilament yarn used to manufacture monofilament long line systems for tuna fishing from 7.5% to 5%.
- On solar tempered glass or solar tempered (anti-reflective coated) glass for the manufacture of Solar cells/panels/modules from 5% to Nil. This reduction is valid only if the product has been imported by the actual user of the product.
- On Hot Rolled Coils used in the manufacture of welded tubes and pipes (falling under HS 7305 and 7306) from 12.5% to 10%. This exemption is only available if the importer is the actual user of the goods.
- On Magnesium Oxide coated cold rolled steel coils used in the manufacture of cold rolled grain oriented steel (CRGO) from 10% to 5%. This reduction is available only to importers who are the actual users of the goods.
- On all Nickel based articles from 2.5% to Nil.
- A concessional Basic Customs Duty (BCD) of 2.5% is extended to import of Ball Screws, Linear Motion Guides and Computer Numeric Control (CNC) systems used in the manufacture of all types of CNC machine tools. The BCD otherwise applicable on these goods is between 7.5% - 10%.
- On imports of all parts used in the manufacture of LED lights or fixtures including LED Lamps from 10% to 5%. This exemption is subject to the condition that the importer is the actual user of the imported raw materials.
- On imports of inputs used for the manufacture of LED drivers or Metal Core Printed Circuit Boards for LED lights and fixtures or LED lamps to 5%. The exemption is subject to the condition that the importers are the actual users.
Furthermore, there is a new exemption from a 4% Special Additional Duty is being provided on imports of Catalysts and Resins for the manufacture of cast components of Wind Operated Electricity Generators. The exemption has been notified in Notification No. 4/2017-Customs of the Ministry of Finance and is valid until 30 June 2017.
Finally, the Basic Customs Duty, Counter Veiling Duty and Special Additional Duty on the imports of specific Micro ATMs, fingerprint reader/scanner, iris scanner, miniaturised Point of Sale (POS) card readers and parts for the manufacture of the same were withdrawn.