ANNOUNCED AS TEMPORARYNo
Import tariff quota
On 13 April 2015, the Brazilian Foreign Trade Council (Camex) issued Resolution no. 24 introducing tariff quotas on six tariff codes of the Mercosur Common Nomenclature (NCM):
1. Polydimethylsiloxane gel (ex 001 of NCM 3910.00.90): 14% to 2% for a period of 12 months and a quota of 132 tons
2. PVC-E (NCM 3904.10.20): 14% to 2% for a period of 12 months and a quota of 12'000 tons
3. Benzyl alcohol (NCM 2906.21.00): 12% to 2% for a period of 12 months and a quota of 3'000 tons
4. Viscose rayon yarn (ex 001 of NCM 5403.31.00): 18% to 2% for a period of 6 months, starting 20 June 2015, and a quota of 624 tons
5. Di-n-propilamine and its salts (NCM 2921.19.22): 14% to 2% for a period of 24 months and a quota of 2'400 tons
6. 6-Hexanolactama (NCM 2933.71.00): 14% to 2% for a period of 12 months from the 26 June 2015
Brazil applies temporary tariff reductions coupled with import quotas aimed at addressing shortages within Mercosur. Member states of Mercosur are allowed to individually lower the Common External Tariff rate to 2% (exceptionally, to 0%) on up to 30 tariff lines at a time. The reduction may last for up to 24 months and is renewable for up to 12 additional months (see WTO Trade Policy Review and Mercosur Resolution no. 08/08). Some of these tariff lines are as such extended (e.g. see related measure).
⚑ Please report this page in case you detect an inaccuracy in its content.