The Indian Ministry for Defense issued a "Strategy for Defense Exports" in September 2014, which states measures to encourage and facilitate export of defence products:
- An Export Promotion Body is to be set up for facilitating schemes, promoting and increasing awareness about export facilitation measures, identifying export markets, participating in exhibitions abroad etc.
- A Defence Export Steering Committee is to be constituted to take decisions on cases of specific export permissions
- Targeted efforts will be made to promote defence exports during bilateral country meetings/discussions and through Embassies/Missions abroad.
- The standard procedure for obtaining a No Objection Certificate for exports will be revised to provide more clarity and will be put on the public domain
- An online system for issuing NOCs will be introduced
- Export of indigenously developed sensitive systems will be done on a case-by-case basis