IMPLEMENTATION LEVEL

NFI

AFFECTED FLOW

Outflow (subsidised)

ANNOUNCED AS TEMPORARY

No

NON-TRADE-RELATED RATIONALE

No

ELIGIBLE FIRMS

firm-specific

JUMBO

No

TARIFF PEAK

No
← back to the state act
Inception date: 27 Jun 2013 | Removal date: open ended
Still in force

Trade finance

On 14 December 2012, the Government of India entered into an agreement to provide a loan of USD 35 million to the Government of the Republic of Ghana to finance the purchase of Indian goods and services for the purpose of constructing a sugar plant.
 
The credit is provided by the Export Import Bank of India (EXIM) and requires that at least 75% of the contract price for goods and services associated with the plant is sourced from India. The remaining 25% may be sourced from elsewhere. This measure disadvantages other sellers of the same products to Ghana.
 
The credit agreement is effective from 27 June 2013. The Circular "A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.13" was published for the same by the Reserve Bank of India on 17 July 2013.
 

AFFECTED COUNTRIES

MAP
TABLE
EXPORT

AFFECTED SECTORS AND PRODUCTS

445 Machinery for food, beverage & tobacco processing; parts
8438 Machinery, not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter, for the industrial preparation or manufacture of food or drink, other than machinery for the extraction or preparation of animal or fixed vegetable fats or oils.
843810 Bakery machinery and machinery for the manufacture of macaroni, spaghetti or similar products
843830 Machinery for sugar manufacture
843840 Brewery machinery
843880 Other machinery
843890 Parts

Please report this page in case you detect an inaccuracy in its content.