ANNOUNCED AS TEMPORARYNo
The government of Zambia has announced the following trade measures in the 2011 national budget speech for the country.
1. Introduction of 15% customs duty on cold-rolled coils and 25% customs duty on deformed bard and galvanised cold-rolled coils, to promote local manufacturing.
2. Introduction of a 10% excise duty on plastic bags to promote environmental friendly behaviour and discourage the use of these bags. The duty will however not apply to bio-degradable bags.
3. Removal of customs duty on imported electricity (currently at 15 percent).
4. Introduce a specific classification for palm 'olein' of HS code 1511.90.20, which will now attract a 5 percent import duty rate.
5. Various trade facilitation measures affecting importing agents.
⚑ Please report this page in case you detect an inaccuracy in its content.