Latin American Trade Network
Latin American Trade Network (LATN)
The Latin American Trade Network (LATN) is an independent and interdisciplinary research network founded in 1998 with the support of Canada's International Development Research Center (IDRC). The Department of International Relations of the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO/Argentina) is responsible for the execution and administration of LATN.
LATN is currently composed of more than 180 members and 70 linked institutions. The Network aims to help countries explore the cost and benefits of trade policy alternatives. In its vision, LATN stands as a leading knowledge network with a political economy perspective analysing themes such us trade, development and inclusive growth.
LATN strives to ensure knowledge generation, as well as to catalyse evidence-based information flows amongst trade policy stakeholders, so as to broaden the policymaking process. It aims to:
- bridge the gap between research, decision making and inclusive policy processes;
- facilitate debate among senior practitioners, academics and civil society to generate viable policy options;
- develop an internal critical mass of intellectual capacity to undertake and disseminate high-quality and policy-relevant research in order to support development and inclusive growth;
- stimulate links with key international policy-relevant institutions to support capacity building activities, improving networking practices;
- remain responsive to the local policy environment as a source for information needs related to LATN themes.
In order to have a sustainable impact, LATN emphasises the production and dissemination of a wide range of publications – Books, Working Papers, Briefs, LATN Nexos and LATN Newsletter. The Network hosts an active program of conferences, workshops and public lectures to provide an opportunity to exchange information, share ideas, review and refine research findings. In addition, LATN distributes its outputs to more than 10,000 worldwide subscribers.
Website:Latin American Trade Network