Argentina: Establishment of an affidavit on imports.
On January 10, 2012, the Federal Administration of Public Revenues of Argentina published, in the Official Gazette, a resolution that establishes the obligation of importers to provide, prior to the issuance of the order form, purchase order, or similar documents, the information indicated on the web site “Advance Affidavit on Imports (DJAI, for its acronym in Spanish).”
By this resolution, the Argentinean government determined that:
- Every importer shall, prior to issuing the purchase order or similar document used to set up international commerce operations, produce the information indicated on the web site “DJAI”.
- The information contained in such affidavits shall be made available to Organizations that form part of the mechanism established by this resolution.
- The Organizations that want to be part of this mechanism should manifest their interest, in a period not exceeding 15 days from the publishing of this resolution.
- The registry of the final destination of imports at the MARIA Information System (SIM), will require a number of “DJAI”.
- The number of “DJAI” should be reported and registered under the Foreign Exchange Control System, established by the General Resolution No. 3210.
This resolution entered into force on February 1st, 2012.
Any Evidence-Based Deliberation:
|Is there anything in the public record to suggest that evidence of the effectiveness of the proposed measure was considered during official deliberations?|
|Is there any evidence that alternatives to the proposed measure were considered?|
|Is there anything in the public record that suggests that empirical evidence informed the comparison across the alternatives available to government?|
|Was such evidence identified?|
|Is such evidence publicly available?|
|Did the official decision-maker in question provide an explanation as to why a chosen measure was favoured over alternatives?|
|Is there any evidence to suggest that potentially affected trading partners were consulted before the measures were taken?|
|Is there any evidence that safeguards have been put in place to ensure that implementation of the initiative is transparent and non-discriminatory?|
|Did the government state its intention to review the measure within one year of implementation?|
Date Discovered: 10/01/2012
Date of inception: 2 Feb 2012
GTA Evaluation: Amber
Resolución General 3252 available at: http://www.iqom.com.mx/documents/0112/Resolucin%203252.doc